Wednesday 11 March 2009

Claims to Fame

A little while ago the lovely Fionnuala posted a clip of Gerry and The Pacemakers on her blog. On seeing it, I proudly told her that my uncle used to know him. It was my claim to fame. Yes indeedy!

But the more I thought, the more I realised, it was my uncle’s claim to fame not mine. So it got me wondering what MY claims to fame are.

Now you may think I’m going to mention my writing at this point, but NO! Because the two things I’m most chuffed about are -

1. My next door neighbour is Tom McDermott's (from the first ever Big Brother)sister!

2. I had my photograph taken with Little and Large at Butlins.

Now I don’t want you to think the above has changed me at all, because it hasn’t. I’m the same person you’ve gotten to know and always will be. In fact, even when I’m a famous novelist, with my own pool, a doberman and JK’s phone number plumbed into my mobile I refuse to change! In the words of Gloria Gaynor, ‘I am what I am!’

Can you trump my claims to fames? It’s hard I know!

No comments: