Tuesday 21 April 2009

Writing, Writing and More Writing


I’ve been such a busy girlie. I’ve been working so hard on novel 1. Poor novel 2 has now faded into the background. For now anyway.

I’ve written 60,000 words + and I’m actually pleased with how it’s going – that’s a first! I’ve even written a prologue – which I’ve never tried before. And I’m taking a leaf out of the lovely Karen’s book and setting myself a deadline. I want it finished and ready to send to agents by August 2009. Gawd, did I really just say that?

I’ve also sent a short story to the Frome Festival competition, which I saw advertised on Sally’s brilliant competition calendar.

Plus, I’ve now written the first draft of my final assignment for my Open University.

So I’ve been busy then - So busy in fact that I’ve now got a muzzy head, which is so annoying because that means I’ll have to stay away from the computer for a bit. RATS!

In other news, I went to see a great murder mystery play at our local theatre. We were all given little pads and pens and had to guess who did it. Cool. I didn’t win. In fact, I’m not sure I know who did it even now! ;-)

No comments: