Monday 18 May 2009

I Love Australia


Australia is one of my favourite places ever, ever, ever! I love it! And over the past two weeks I’ve been lucky enough to be in the company of two of the country’s best imports – my Auntie and Uncle. They emigrated to Brisbane from the UK back in 1968, and have been visiting England, staying with us. We’ve had the best of times, lots of family dos, and visits to super places. Weather could have been better, I guess, but then you can’t have it all. Anyway, I’ve just seen them off. And although it was emotional, I’m determined to see them again!

Oh, and just to add to my love of the Aussies – I received an email from 'That’s Life Australia' this morning saying they want to buy one of my stories – Yay!

16 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Yay! Congratulations!

And glad you had a great time with your visitors:-)

HelenMWalters said...

Brilliant stuff all round!

Anonymous said...

Just come to your blog via Helen P's, and what a coincidence to read your post about Australia - my brother also emigrated there in 1968, married a girl he met on the boat going out there, and they've lived there ever since. Have only been there once myself (Brisbane) -but met up with them in New Zealand this year.

Congrats on the story acceptance! I must try the Australian markets again.

Amanda said...

Awh, thanks, Lane. :-)

Thank you so much, Helen :-)

Hi, Write Woman, good to see you here. That is a coincidence, he was possibly on the same boat as my uncle and aunt. Thank you for the congrats, and good luck with trying the Aussie market.

DJ Kirkby said...

Congrats on getting a story published, how fab. A really good friend of mine lives in Auz and when she visits I always have an urge to pack everything up and go with her. life in Auz sounds very lovely indeed.

Amanda said...

Thanks DJ. Whenever we visit Oz, for the next month I'm planning how we can move out there. It's a lovely country. x

DAB said...

Ms Allsorts, I'm bouncing up and down for you on the Aussie sold story :) Tfx

Unknown said...

Brilliant. Congratulations on that story!

Glad you had such a good time!

Amanda said...

Awh, thanks TF x

Fanx, Shirley x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Congratulations for your sale, brilliant news.

Enjoy seeing your relatives. My mother is over soon for a couple of months and it's always entertaining.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Wonderful news. Congratulations.

:-)

Amanda said...

Thanks Debs and Suzanne :-)

Helen P said...

What a lovely ending to a lovely story! I think a story acceptance is a brilliant reason for emigrating. Well done!

Amanda said...

Thank you, Helen!

Karen said...

Forgot to change my link to your blog, so I'm having a read-back!!

So glad you enjoyed your visitors - Australia seems like too far to travel to me, but my 77 mother-in-law manages it once a year!

Amanda said...

Glad you found me, Karen. It's my fault fo changing my url!

Australia is a long way, but well worth it!