Thursday 26 March 2009

Firmly in the Past


Those who read my blog back when I was crazy woman, Annie Bright, may remember I was in a car crash back in 2006. Perhaps you even recall me ranting and raving about the injustice of the justice system. Didn’t I go on!?

Anyways, I gave up the fight for justice. Despite knowing that a driver had overtaken a bus at speed, had not attempted to brake, and had ploughed into my car causing more than a bit of distress mentally and physically, I gave up fighting.

Frankly, the fight for justice was causing more heartache than the accident itself (well perhaps not quite). The sight of emails and letters from my solicitor and insurance company made my nerves more than a little bit frayed. Oh and it rubbed off on my poor hubby too! Until one day he said, ‘please give up the fight.’ And, being the dutiful wife that I am, (HA!) I did.

And today, I received compensation, well 25% of it. A diddy amount compared to what my solicitor originally thought I would get, which was 80%. But although I’ve lost the case, I’ve kept the most important thing - my sanity! And saying goodbye to the stress that surrounded it all was the best thing I ever did. Sometimes in life it is best to just let go.

And now I’m signing off for a whole week. Yes, one whole week! I’m taking the advice of lovely TF and I’m gonna suck a gobstopper for a bit. Be back soon!

No comments: